SATURDAY 20th JANUARY 2018
Cornerstone Church Nottingham, NG7 1FP
We will all know something of that: being compelled by the love of Christ. But it can be really hard! Particularly when people seem unreceptive and disinterested it’s easy to lose heart and rather than Christ’s love compelling us instead we can just feel guilty and incapable when it comes to evangelism.
Our Annual Conference aims to encourage us and equip us. It’s for the whole church family whether you’ve been a Christian a few weeks or many decades – we’ll think about why it is that Christ’s love compels us and receive practical help in how we can speak about Jesus and point others to him.
Our main speaker is Roger Carswell. Roger is a proud Yorkshireman who lives in Horsforth to the north-east of Leeds. He is a fulltime evangelist, telling others about Jesus and helping Christians and churches to point others to Christ.
Roger will speak at 2 main sessions to start and finish the day and there’s a choice of 6 seminars for the middle session. Roger will also be doing a Q&A session during the seminar slot.
The day starts at 10.00 (with registration from 9.30) and finishes at 3.00.
- Your story, my story, the story – Our society is one that loves stories and where everyone has stories to tell. How can we listen well to what others are saying, share effectively our own story of what Christ has done in our lives and point others to the story of what God has done in Christ?
- Sharing faith with your family – Our own family can be the hardest to share faith with – maybe your parents aren’t Christians or brothers and sisters, your children or grandchildren. How can we share our faith with them in a way they can receive?
- Witness in the workplace – Many of us spend more time in the workplace than anywhere else. What does it mean to be a good witness to Christ there and what does it not mean?
- Being an evangelistic family – Parenting can feel hard enough without also trying to be evangelistic as a family. But is it possible as a whole family to reach out together with the good news of Jesus and what does that look like in day to day life?
- Evangelism for the rest of us – Some people seem to have an amazing gift of evangelism… and then there’s the rest of us. How can we be involved in evangelism if we feel we’re too shy or too introverted or too ungifted to do so?
- Evangelism through the local church – It can sometimes feel as though evangelism is individual Christians doing their own thing trying to speak to other individuals. What role can and should the local church have?
- Q&A with Roger Carswell
The cost of the day is £15. Early Bird Deal: Tickets £10 until 30th November 2017.
There is plenty of parking at the venue.
Coffee and tea will be served during the day.
Please bring your own lunch.
Download the Compelled by Love flyer.
Buy a day ticket: